10/3/12

September 19

Hiked from Story Spring Shelter to Little Pond Lookout
Miles Hiked: 13.2
Hours Hiked: 10

I woke up this morning to a rain-washed world.  It was very cold, even though the sun came out.  I started hiking around 10 AM.  I hiked past, and climbed, a fire tower with the most magnificent view.  I got to the shelter where I had planned to stop at about 4 pm and decided that if I stopped hiking I would be too cold, so I kept going.  I ended up camping near a lookout where a hiker named The Oboe Hobo, and his dog, Ginger, had set up his tent.  It was a cold night.

 Merry The Hobbit waking up this morning in the shelter with all of our wet clothes hanging, our food bags hanging, and the green tarp on the right to keep the rain from blowing in the front of the shelter.
The trail





A bog along the trail



Mushrooms along the trail



Views from the Fire Tower 





No comments:

Post a Comment